Our Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What should I expect during Covid-19?
A - Before your appointment
* You will be virtually screened for your risk of Covid-19. (We ask that you please fill out the Covid-19 Assessment form that is e-mailed to you when you book your appointment)
* Ask your treatment provider about new public health measures in place
When you arrive
* We request that you wear a mask when you arrive for your appointment
* You will be screened for your risk of Covid-19 (touch-less temperature check)
* We ask that you wash your hands at out touch-free sink upon arrival
* Practice physical distancing
* Arrive alone, as close to your appointment time as possible
(You will need to wait outside until you are notified that you can come in for your appointment)
Behind the scenes
* Linens, blankets and pillows will be changed and cleaned after each appointment
* Treatment rooms will be completely disinfected between each appointment
* All surfaces will cleaned and disinfected often
During your treatment
* Wear your mask
* Your treatment provider will also be wearing a mask
After your appointment
* Wash your hands
* Contactless payment if possible (tap your card)
* Practice physical distancing
Q - Where should I park?
A - For the duration of the Summer of 2020 all meters in the downtown area are FREE!
There are 1 hour parking meters located directly in front of The Spa on Elm Street.
There are also 1 hour meters located on Cedar St. & 2 hour meters on Durham St.
During peak traffic hours (7:30am - 9am & 3:30pm - 6pm) parking is prohibited on Elm St.
The cost for parking meters is $2/hour during the weekdays.
Metered parking is FREE after 6pm & on weekends.
The closest parking lots:
St. Anne's - located at 14 Beech St. (turn North on Durham off Elm)
Behind the Maki building at Durham & Beech (turn North on Durham off Elm)
Larch St. Municipal Parking Lot, located off Elgin, at Larch St. (ticket machine)
The covered parking at The Rainbow Centre located at 40 Elm St.
- with ANY purchase in the Rainbow Centre, receive 1 hour FREE
- with a $25 purchase in the Rainbow Centre, receive 2 hours FREE
- evenings (after 6pm) & weekends are FREE
For more information on parking in downtown Sudbury:
Q - What is your cancellation policy?
A - Amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, we have modified our cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility to all our clients. We hope this will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an upcoming appointment. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, and especially if you are not feeling well, we understand and request for you to contact us as soon as possible to reschedule. To further support you, there will be no penalties for cancellations.
We understand that sometimes circumstances beyond our control can arise & an appointment may have to be cancelled or rescheduled. If you must cancel or reschedule your appointment, we request that you contact us 24 hours in advance. We do consider both our clients & treatment providers time to be valuable, therefore, failure to do so (no-show's) may result in your being charged the full service fee.
Groups & Spa Day Packages are subject to a 1-week cancellation policy.
Q - What if I am late for my appointment?
A - Arriving late may limit the time available for your treatment. The full value of your treatment will be charged. However, your treatment may end on-time, as to not delay the next client. We request that you arrive on-time, as to not lessen the effectiveness of your treatment or your enjoyment of your service. We want you to enjoy your spa experience to the fullest!
Q - What is your gift card policy?
A - Spa Gift Cards are non refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Purchased gift cards do not expire & are valid for the services listed so long as they are still offered by The Spa at 61 Elm, otherwise the certificate will be converted to credit for further use. If you receive a Spa Gift Card for a package or service that you don’t want, you may use the dollar value of that Spa Gift Card towards any product or service you would like, however, Spa Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash. Remainders on Spa Gift Cards can be applied to future visits, used to purchase spa products or used as gratuity for your treatment provider.
Expiry exception: Gift certificates that have been issued for charitable purposes will have an expiry date.